1. Before you buy
Good to know before you buy ACT Head Impact Tracker sensor
Good to know before you buy ACT Head Impact Tracker sensor
What is ACT Head Impact Tracker?
It is a measuring device for forces and impacts acting on a head while doing sports. The system consist of: a sensor, mobile application and cloud service.
How does it work?
ACT Head Impact Tracker has three parts: head sensor, smartphone mobile App, and Cloud service. When head sensor detects an event on a head with 10g or more, it sends information to a Cloud server via ACT Head Impact Tracker smartphone mobile App. The Cloud server processes the information, saves it, and sends the event data back to the assigned User Accounts where it can be accessed via mobile Apps or Browser Access in www.act-tracker.com. If the data transfers are available, this should take no more than few seconds.
Who is the product for?
All the athletes in sports where frequent impacts or forces act on a head occur.
What smartphone devices are compatible with ACT Head Impact Tracker?
Last updated: 19th of September 2023
LIST OF MOBILE DEVICES’ FUNCTIONALITY WITH ACT HEAD IMPACT TRACKER
Tested and found working brands (models, Android OS)
1. Samsung Galaxy A21s (AOS 12)
2. Samsung Galaxy A41 (AOS 11)
3. Samsung 9+ (AOS 10)
4. Samsung A40 (AOS 11)
5. Samsung S21 Ultra 5G (A13)
6. Motorola e20 (AOS 11)
7. OnePlus8 (AOS12)
Occasional problems with establishing and maintaining connection between the head sensors and mobile devices (no notification to the App regarding) were recorded:
– Samsung phones: a.) in some models Bluetooth® wireless connection was slow, even disconnected, if the mobile phone’s screen is switched off (= not lighted). The connection should be re-established and information from the sensors delivered when the screen is switched back on (=lighted) if the sensor(s) are in the reach of Bluetooth® wireless technology. b.) In all models pop-up window with list of devices for paring appears when Bluetooth® wireless technology is switched on. When this happens, just click “Continue” to close the window. No paring is needed, nor appearing nor choosing it on the list. Also in few occasions the phone just disconnected Bluetooth® wireless connection. If the listening sensors just stops, turn Bluetooth® wireless connection off and back on, this fixed the problem.
NOTE: If you have Android 12 or newer operating system, you must give App permission to use “Nearby Devices”, or ACT Head Impact Tracker will not work as intended.
Tested and found not working as intended (brands and models, Android OS) when using passive scanning:
USE ACTIVE SCANNING. In ACT app menu (three bars on the left hand upper corner) click “Scan Sensors”. At the moment this only works on one sensor at a time, i.e. as soon as one sensor has sent its latest impact, the scanning connection ends. To reactivate scanning click “Scan sensors” again. Active scanning is not recommended to be used when listening to multiple sensors (i.e. by teams and clubs).
8. Xiaomi Redmi 9a (AOS 10)
The connection between the sensors and the mobile phone was disconnected when the App was not on, on top of the open Apps and/or screen was switched off (not lighted).
9. OnePlus Nord N100 (AOS 11)
10. OnePlus8 (AOS13)
Other brands and models have not been tested, and cannot be granted to work, or work as intended with ACT Head Impact Tracker. (If your device is not on the list, it does not guarantee it is functional, or that is not. We just have not tested it yet.) Passive scanning is likely not working, it is recommended to USE ACTIVE SCANNING. In ACT app menu (three bars on the left hand upper corner) click “Scan Sensors”. At the moment this only works on one sensor at a time, i.e. as soon as one sensor has sent its latest impact, the scanning connection ends. To reactivate scanning click “Scan sensors” again. Active scanning is not recommended to be used when listening to multiple sensors (i.e. by teams and clubs).
iOS App is not yet available. The plan for iOS App launch is in the beginning of 2024.
Important Usage and Safety Information
– ACT Head Impact Tracker is a measuring device to complement doing safe and responsible sports. It is designed for athletes, coaches, trainers and team personnel, co-athletes, families, and friends of athletes.
– ACT Head Impact Tracker head sensor has a built-in automatic switch off in 3 hours after switching it on. If your exercise last longer than 3 hours, remember to switch the sensor back on!
– Head sensor is not suitable for children under 3 years old. Contains small parts. Risk of suffocation!
– Children under 16 years old must use the products and services in adult supervision and must not submit any personal information to ACT Head Impact Tracker products or services.
– ACT Head Impact Tracker needs location services and Bluetooth® wireless connection to be enabled, on and active in the mobile device for ACT Head Impact Tracker smartphone mobile App, and always when using it with ACT Head Impact Tracker head sensor. Otherwise, ACT Head Impact Tracker will not function as intended.
– If smartphone with ACT App runs newer Android OS (Android 12 or newer) you need to give App permission to use “Nearby Devices”. Otherwise, ACT Head Impact Tracker will not function as intended.
– Mobile device with ACT Head Impact Tracker smartphone mobile App must have valid SIM-card or e-SIM with mobile data and roaming (if needed) enabled, on and active, or be connected to Wi-Fi, to enable data transmission from head sensor to the mobile device with the App, from mobile device to the cloud service and from cloud service to the assigned mobile device(s). Otherwise, ACT Head Impact Tracker will not function as intended.
– Be aware of the data transfer range (Bluetooth® wireless connection reach) limitations between the head sensor and mobile device with the App. The range may vary for multiple reasons. Indoors and in other compromised conditions, in the case of an incident keep the distance between the two as short as possible. The range can be less than 10 meters.
Warnings & Disclaimers
Warnings and Disclaimers
– ACT Head Impact Tracker products or services are not medical devices and do not provide medical advice, any kind of diagnostics or treatment of a health problem. ACT Head Impact Tracker products or services, any content or information there, is not to be used in place of consultation of licensed medical professional. In case of a head impact, or when suspecting one or a concussion, immediately and safely leave the activity and seek help from licensed medical professionals. It is advisable to have an accompanying person if concussion is possible. In case of an emergency, call an ambulance. If you have been given medical advice by a licensed medical professional, always follow that advice despite any information or content in or from ACT Head Impact Tracker. Northern Sports Insight and Intelligence Oy or ACT Head Impact Tracker products and services are no health care specialists, nor is communication between you and us or ACT Head Impact Tracker forming any kind of doctor – patient relationship.
– ACT Head Impact Tracker products or services are not protective devices, they do not prevent incidents from happening and they do not protect against injuries or any kind.
– We do not guarantee that ACT Head Impact Tracker products or services will meet your requirements. We do not guarantee that ACT Head Impact Tracker smartphone mobile App, head sensor hardware or firmware, cloud service or firmware, data transfer or any other part of the products or services, any information obtained or not obtained from using the products or services will be error-free, secure or timely. We do not guarantee that information received or not received when using ACT Head Impact Tracker is accurate or reliable, or that the errors in the product or services are corrected. We cannot guarantee that ACT Head Impact Tracker products or services or any content on them, will always be available or uninterrupted.